I am approaching what may be my final days and find myself slowing down, a lot. Is it just me, or do any of you other mammas out there get frustrated at this point in the pregnancy? I feel like I can’t breath, wash my hands in a sink because of my belly, bend over,…. It’s probably my Type A personality, but I can’t stand not being able to get stuff done and having to rely on help. Regardless, I am so excited to meet the little man who has completely taken over the lower half of my body. I get to find out how big he is today so we know what to expect. I have pushed off washing all of his new clothes because I wanted to make sure he would be able to actually wear them. We have big babies around here so today will be helpful for me to finish preparing for his arrival.
Homeschooling is on hold until he arrives and I recover. I started super early this year for this very reason. We are already in week 10 of homeschooling so I feel like I can let school go for a few weeks without feeling guilty. We will continue with Classical Conversations, but all of our other curriculum is on hold.
In preparation for the upcoming weeks, I am getting ready to make another batch of these chicken nuggets. If I can whip these up in 15 minutes, so can you. I LOVE this recipe from Momables. Why didn’t I think of this?
Adapted from Momables
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp Emeril’s Essence Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Mix chicken, oatmeal, half the grated parmesan (1/8 cup), half the seasoning (1/2 tsp), garlic powder and pepper. Knead dry ingredients into ground chicken.
- Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, form a small ball with the chicken and press into shape desired. Get creative and use cookie cutters.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs with remaining seasoning and parmesan.
- Coat your nuggets front and back with the breadcrumb mixture. Sprinkle a little salt on top. This was the only addition my Things asked me to make to the recipe.
- –At this point you can freeze– or
- To bake: Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Arrange nuggets on greased cookie sheet. I sprayed the tops of my nuggets with Pam to make it crisper like Laura suggested. Bake 15-20 minutes and turn once in the process. Even though I read Laura’s recipe and realized they weren’t supposed to brown, I kept wanting them to brown. Be careful not to over cook.
- I made 1 pound of these and they lasted a few lunches. I went ahead and baked mine, let them cool and then froze them. You can do it either way works for you.
Enjoy! Thank you Laura, at Momables, for sharing this awesome recipe!