Before going Gluten- Free, my Things fell in love with this chicken nugget recipe. Over the weekend, I made them for the first time using all GF products. They were so good! Better than the old version. Still took less than 15 minutes to prep before going in the oven. I think if I actually timed how long it takes to prep, it would take around 7 minutes. That would include the time it takes to grab the ingredients.
Gluten- Free Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup Gluten- Free Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp Emeril’s Essence Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Gluten- Free bread Crumbs
- Mix chicken, oatmeal, parmesan, and seasoning. Knead dry ingredients into ground chicken.
- Using your hands, form a small ball with the chicken and press into shape desired. Get creative and use cookie cutters.
- Place bread crumbs in a seperate plate or bowl.
- Coat your nuggets front and back with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle a little salt on top.
- –At this point you can freeze– or
- To bake: Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Arrange nuggets on greased cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes.
- I made 1 pound of these and was able to make about 27 nuggets
Enjoy! Thank you Laura, at Momables, for sharing the original inspiration to this awesome recipe!